.jpg)
.jpg)
this year the kids did a star wars theme... i was surprised that sydney chose to follow carter and be a clone trooper. i was envisioning a princess or a fairy or some girly costume because she wears a dress or a skirt almost everyday and practically refuses to wear pants. i had bought a clone costume for carter but it was too small. i bought the next size up before i took the old one back and then sydney begged me to keep it so she could be a clone trooper. we borrowed a yoda costume from some friends for Damian and they all looked pretty cute! i opted for a dallas cowboy and mike was a nerd--he really looked gross in those nasty billy-bob teeth!
we had a blast at our ward trunk-r-treat and we even won an award for best trunk... :) i had michael jackson's "THRILLER" playing on repeat and i think that won us the gold. the kid who took our family picture didn't hold still when he was taking it, (hence the blurriness), but it was the only one i got of all of us....jpg)
Carter and his buddy Kaden
.jpg)
Carter and his buddy Kaden
Sydney and Jillian
Dames in Mike's geek glasses
My good friend Kristie and her daughter Macy
.jpg)
And aren't these blocks Melissa and I made so cute!?? I love em!
And, we used Sarah and Jim's trick. We let the kids eat as much candy as they wanted on Halloween and then we let them trade it all for a toy from Target. This worked really well and they were both excited to pick something out today. And it's all going in the trash, otherwise I'll be too tempted to eat the Reeses Stix and KitKats and Snickers... I mean seriously, who needs that much candy?
9 comments:
hahaha!!! i am laughing out loud right now becasue your family is too stinkin cute... sydney is ADORABLE!! i love her costume and that she chose to be that!! ahahha ohh shell and you look HOT as a football player!! aww! so cute! :) seriously love your kids!
You guys all look so good! How fun. Next year I am sooo dressing up. I am totally with you on the whole candy thing. Its disgusting isn't it??? I don't get it.
whoa, whoa, WHOA. they don't get all they want, they get 3 pieces and that's IT. cute costumes, why weren't you and mike hans solo and princess leia? :)
I love those pics! They were so cute all together! And Mike truly was frightening to behold! I didn't even recognize him at first! I love that pic of us- I need to get a copy of it, and there you go rubbing your super-awesome, trophy-winning trunk in my face again- sheesh :p
I am totally doing the candy toy trade next year!! Thanks Sarah and Rachelle for the sweet idea!!!
That seriously is the best!!! How fun!! You guys all looked great!
We love the outfits!
Bart's personal favorite was the almost hidden cowgirl boots worn by Syd in her Star Wars costume.
Love Mom and Dad
Nice pics!! I am so glad Dames was Yoda! They look so cute!
HAHA!! ohh shell i dont know why, but everytime i look at these halloween pics they put a smile to my face.. today was not the best day and so i thought about your blog and i was so excited to get home and look at these pics and put a smile on my face!! i love you! i love your kids!! i love your cute little family!!
Oh Yes! I looove that board! I just bought some paper to make me a Christmas one....:)
And your better than me with the holiday candy, I let my kids scarf, then I followed in the scarfing fest for the next week and ate ALL of the TWIX bars....they were so yummy! Maybe next year I'll have better self-control!
Post a Comment