Wednesday, January 21, 2009

my great "sis"

after returning from our christmas vacation, we returned to a freezing cold home with no heat. thankfully Sis and Paul only live 30 minutes away and let us stay 2 nights with them. One of those days happened to be my birthday and I was treated to breakfast in bed (well, breakfast on hide-a-bed) by my sweet sister and the help of the kiddies. She woke up early to make Buttermilk wheat pancakes and had lots of fun toppings: strawberries, blueberries, whipped cream, and the kids wanted to add chocolate chips. Thanks Sis!
and she was the giver of a very unsuspecting, extra, birthday gift: this fun hat!

And here's me diving into my homemade german chocolate birthday cake made by mike.... i love having a husband who enjoys cooking and baking and trying new recipes!

3 comments:

Melissa P said...

Good times! I'm pretty sure Paul slept on the couch though and you and I slept in the nice bed with dames :) atleast the first night! The German Chocolate cake was divine!!!

rachelle said...

i know, i just meant that the actual breakfast was on the hide-a-bed. But so nice of Paul to play games all night and sleep on the couch so I could have your cozy bed with you!

Madison Bradshaw said...

happy birthday!! yay~ aww sissy poo your'e the best! way to go on the pancakes and shell serisouly mike is getting so much better with his smile! tell him way to go and that hat is adorable!