Sunday, May 06, 2012

Nora's Blessing

What a special day!  Mike gave Nora a really beautiful blessing at church and we were lucky to have 2 of her 3 sets of grandparents and several of our close friends here for it.  For her blessing there were about 9 men in the blessing circle holding her in the middle.  Mike told me that usually the men will kind of bounce the baby slowly to keep them calm and quiet during blessings, but for Nora's they just held her still and she was alert and content.  My father-in-law and our bishop both told me that it was one of  the neatest blessing circles they had ever been in because Nora was looking right up at Mike while he was talking and would smile periodically during the prayer. I wish I could have been in that circle to watch her reactions and smiles!

Grandpa Dunn, Daddy, Nora, Bart, Uncle Paul
Grandma B and Bart with grandchild number 9
Grandpa and Grandma Dunn few out from Sacramento to be here for her blessing

The dress: My mom has a really sweet pattern for a blessing gown that she used to make all of her daughters a blessing dress with and all of her granddaughters have blessing dresses out of the same pattern.  She and I went to JoAnns 3 days after Nora was born and I found this fabric that I absolutely loved.  My mom took the fabric home and she created this beautiful gown for Nora.  My mother is so talented and I was so happy with how it turned out--so precious and sweet.  My sweet sister-in-law Amanda sent Nora this cute headband to complete the outfit!





My cousin Tiffany Parrish came out when Nora was 1 month and took some newborn shots and I'm so glad she was able to get some of Nora in her beautiful blessing gown.



5 comments:

Sarah said...

so sweet! the dress is beautiful and she is such a cutie pie!! and how on EARTH are you that skinny?!!

Velma said...

what a special day to be with you and your family. Nora is such a precious little girl. Love you all so much.

EmF said...

She is beautiful!

Emily K. said...

I'm in awe of her dress! I didn't know that your mom had made that! Absolutely beautiful. She's growing up, and changing so much. Quick, and pause time!!

megan.bradshaw said...

The dress is gorgeous-nice job Momma! Looking at these precious pictures just made me super homesick for you guys...I love you all!