Our fourth of July started out with a 5k run in our neighborhood for Carter, Sydney and me. It was their first race and they did great! Sydney started complaining that she was tired and had a stomach ache about 200meters into the race so I got to do this for a good part of the race:
I made several deals with her that if she would run to a mailbox up ahead then I would give her a piggyback ride. She definitely did not inherit the running genes...darn!
Carter had a few friends that he ran with and Mike got these action shots of him sprinting for the finish!
Then we came home and got ready for the neighborhood parade. The kids had fun decorating their bikes with streamers and getting them all red, white and blue.
My sisters and I used to decorate our bikes with my mom for the parades and it was fun to recreate a little history with them! Here's a picture of Sarah and me--always dressed alike! and with twin bikes too!
It was hard to get pictures of them riding while holding Nora, but you get the idea:
Next up was a barbeque with friends
And as you can see I just took pictures of Nora! :)
And then the fabulous fireworks show at Maple Hills park. Seriously an amazing show! And right in our back yard!
These guys had so much fun with sparklers and watching the fireworks
and this one fell asleep! (with earplugs, an earwarmer and hood to muffle out the ear-splitting BOOMS!
I love America!

3 comments:
such a fun day you had. I loved the bikes all decorated and then loved seeing the picture of you and Sarah. Great memories.
Way to go kids on the 5K.
Adorable!
so fun! way to go on carrying Syd, super-mom!! i love the flashback pic of us. can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment