Thursday, July 17, 2008

too many pants

after 4 months of living here and being frustrated with an over-crowded closet, i decided to go through it and get rid of some things. i only got through the pants. i am embarrassed to say that i had 54 pairs of jeans, pants, capris, and shorts in my hall closet (and that's not counting about 5 pair of nicer trouser pants that are hanging up). after trying all of them on, I put 5 in my maternity clothes box because they were too big and put 12 in the give-away pile. wow, i should go put 10 more in- or 20. who needs that many pairs of pants?!?!? i still have way too many that i put back in the closet but they all fit me, but my conscience is telling me that more should go in the give-away pile. sigh. next i need to go through all my shirts and sweaters. yikes!

4 comments:

md said...

Wow! If you divide your # of pants by 5...that's probably how many I have. Sad, really. But, Matt, takes after you. He can never have enough jeans. Hope you are feeling better! Good for you for going through your closet. I love the feeling of getting rid of things!
Loveya!
~Mel

aubreyannie said...

54?!?! rachelle, you are crazy. what size are you? cuz i'll take some?

aubreyannie said...

p.s. i got your email. i am not ignoring you..just busy. let's talk on wednesday?

Melissa P said...

Holy cow!!! 54????? I am picturing a department store rack!! I wish I was your size!