Monday, August 18, 2008

8 years

check out my hottie!

Mike and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on august 10th and last week was so busy with the family reunion that i didn't have a chance to sit down and collect some sweet thoughts on this amazing man in my life. I love this man so much and am so appreciative of all that he does for our family.


Mike's not the overly-romantic type or the lovey-dovey over-affectionate type and that has taken some getting used to--and so when he does those types of things it makes it all the more wonderful. I was having a stressful evening a few weeks ago and had gone to the grocery store--when I had left the house, Mike was in sweaty workout clothes and was putting the kids to bed. When I came home the kids were asleep, he was showered, clean, smelling oh-so-good (love his cologne) and had candles lit and some peppermint lotion sitting out to give me a massage. He could sense my stress and was thoughtful enough to not get annoyed by me and to help ease my stress. It was a sweet moment and just one little example of his thoughtfulness and his expression of love for me.

He's a FUN dad and the kids go CrAZy when he comes home! He loves to wrestle with them and horse around and he is definitely a FUN dad. But he is also firm and disciplines them well and creates opportunities to teach them. I love that he wrestles with me too and has such a fun sense of humor.

We're still in love, we've got 3 beautiful children, we have happiness and love and fun in our home. Life is Good...

I love you Mike. Happy eighth anniversary.

4 comments:

aubreyannie said...

happy anniversary!

Melissa P said...

so sweet!!!!! Happy Anniversary shelle!!!

Unknown said...

Right back at ya!

Velma said...

Mike is a good man. We are happy and blessed to have him in our family circle. You chose well!
Happy Anniversary to a special and wonderful couple.
xoxoxo