Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Great Teacher
last night i attended curriculum night and fell in love with carter's teacher. ok, mike is making fun of me and asking if we have plans for a second date, but she was AmAZinG with a capital ZING!! she is young, and FUN and a volleyball coach and silly and probably exactly what all those kids need as a teacher. she talked about them being a "family" and told us of how she helps them problem solve and take care of each other and use good manners, etc... as i was listening to her i was inspired to be a better mom. she could teach parenting classes! i just wanted to sit and listen all night long... i was thinking "wow, why haven't i thought of that idea" for issues such as being unable to focus, being too rowdy, etc... i feel so blessed that carter will be with her for a whole year and am excited for him to learn from her. i'm excited as well to try new parenting techniques because all too often i find myself raising my voice and being hard on the kids. anyways, love, love, love his teacher and it sounds like it'll be a great year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thats awesome!!!!! Having good teachers early on makes a HUGE difference!
Hey Rochelle, I found your blog through the Brenda's blog. Totally fun to see some pic's of your family. Man...isn't Carter still like 2 or something? I can't believe he's in school. I hope you're doing well. Where are you guys living these days? We're still in Los Angeles, but hopefully not for much longer...sigh.
- Becky Dey
www.deyfamily.blogspot.com
That is so great. I think teachers are so important. It seems like they can make or brake school. I can't believe he doesn't start school until after 9. What time does he get out. Since they changed our boundaries, if Ky rides the bus, he has to leave at 7:40 and doesn't get home until just after 4. So we drive him. Its all very upsetting. We live 5 blocks from a school, but apparently its to full, so he gets bussed 5 miles away. So we drive him, cuz thats just too much I think. Sorry that was so long!
Post a Comment