Friday, April 30, 2010

i love to see the temple


We drove up to Vancouver, BC for the temple open house. It was such a great experience and fun to take the kids inside. I remember going to the Portland OR temple open house as a child and so I was really excited for the kids to get to go inside. Before the temple is dedicated they offer an open house where anyone can go inside and view the different rooms.

I love this picture of my kids and me...even if Dames is picking his nose.
After taking the tour we went outside to take some pictures and the kids promised my mom that they would get married in the temple one day. Here Carter is really contemplating his decision. :)

I'm so grateful for parents who taught me of the blessings of being sealed to your spouse for time and eternity in the temple and for their righteous examples. I feel so blessed to have been married in the temple and to be sealed to Mike and all our children, not just for my earthly life, but for eternity. And only in the temple with the priesthood authority can this sealing take place. I hope and pray that one day our children will want to be married in the temple as well.

After the temple we drove to the mall. My mom and dad had been saving Canadian money from the store and so they gave the kids each a Canadian ten dollar bill. They were so excited to get to pick something out and were so cute walking around the mall holding their money.
My parents are so giving like that. I love em!

No comments: