December 2011
My mom and dad have been going to the NFR down in Vegas for several years now and we always thought it would be fun to join them. Well we finally had our chance! We left the kids with close friends and flew to Vegas!
My dad had been there for a few days attending some CPA classes and when we got there he and my uncle Don had scored some tickets to the opening night of the rodeo... for free!!! Talk about being in the right place at the right time! One of the sponsors had 8 extra tickets that he just gave my dad. The opening ceremonies were amazing and the participants were incredible!
 |
| Opening night! Hold onto your Wranglers everybody! |
 |
| Uncle Don and Rocky (nickname he gave me when I was just a young pup) |
I LOVE my cowboy boots. Was super-stoked when I found them at a yardsale 2 years ago and they were brand spanking new! I've only worn them a couple of times but was glad to finally have a good reason to bust them out.
 |
| had to get a belly shot: 27 weeks? ish... |
We dabble in knife throwing...
Had to have a go on the mechanical bull...actually, I just asked the guy if I could sit on it and pose for a few pics. Mike, Paul, Sis, and Parker took a ride. Parker was AWESOME!! We got there and no one was in line or even looking interested in riding the bull. Parks got on and a crowd instantly gathered--Parks rode for so long and strangers were calling out his name and cheering and whistling for him... It was so like Parker to entertain a crowd and have complete strangers fall in love with him.
 |
| Go cowgirl, go cowgirl, Go! |
 |
| Uncle Don and Aunt Gayla in some traditional cowboy getup. |
 |
| Hanging out on Fremont Street...we saw some very interesting people that night. :) |
We visited all the cowboy expos during the day and had fun shopping for souvenirs to bring home to the kiddies. Mike found some sweet boots and I found a hat (white one pictured above).
We stayed up late every night and had a fun little getaway with some of our favorite people!
1 comment:
What a great time we had in Vegas. So glad you could join us this last year. Lets do it again sometime.
Post a Comment