Thursday, November 13, 2008

100 things I love

(in no particular order)
1. I love that each day is a new chance to be a better mom, wife, friend, person
2. I love going to the beach
3. I love being a girl and getting all dolled up occasionally, though mostly I love a comfy pair of jeans
4. I love the ways Damian says yes, both the jaw movement and the "yeah"
5. I love sitting in the sun with a book or absolutely nothing to do but just bask and get tan
6. I love taking hot baths
7. I love toast with butter and jam
8. I love Christmas music
9. I love playing the piano
10. I love when I've gotten a little crafty and completed a project
11. I love the feeling after I've done a really good workout
12. I love that Sydney wears cowgirl boots almost every day
13. I love that Mike sings in the shower--opera and rap
14. I love stretching
15. I love reuben sandwiches
16. I love wearing scarves
17. I love when Carter and Sydney draw me pictures
18. I love that I came from a large family and that we all love each other and are best friends
19. I love hearing my children say prayers
20. I love going to my mom and dad's house
21. I love Carter's laugh-- it's the BEST!
22. I love that it's so easy to keep in touch with people with email, phones, etc...
23. I love that I get along with my in-laws
24. I love when the house is clean and ALL the laundry is done (I wish it would stay like that always)
25. I love when Carter and Sydney get along
26. I love lasagna
27. I love playing games!
28. I love yoga and really want to get back into it
29. I love knowing that I am a child of God
30. I love wearing slippers
31. I love turning up the music and dancing with my family
32. I love that Mike is such a good cook and that he enjoys cooking
33. I love cookies. I am a cookie monster. Especially: Mike and Andy's cookies, Lyndas Cherry cookies and Bethany's sugar/spice cookies.... ohhhhhh YUMMY
34. I love shopping with no children and unlimited funds.... (does that ever happen??)
35. I love laughing so hard it hurts
36. I love my mom's fruit bread
37. I love that when I'm too hard on the kids Mike is the rational one (and vice versa)
38. I love the feeling after I've brushed my teeth and my mouth is clean
39. I love avocados
40. I love hugs
41. I love that Mike is a goofball and has a sense of humor
42. I love the United States of America and that I was born here.
43. I love listening to the kids conversations when they don't know I'm listening
44. I love living close to my family
45. I love how much the kids love their aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents
46. I love that I have a close relationship with all my siblings
47. I love onion rings with fry sauce
48. I love Nacho Libre and Napolean Dynamite and Elf
49. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ
50. I love that my mom and dad balance each other so well
51. I love learning new things
52. I love all the seasons
53. I love the North Cascade mountains and the Methow Valley
54. I love flip flops
55. I love my straight iron
56. I love trampolines and jumping with my kids
57. I love going on dates with Mike
58. I love spinach artichoke dip
59. I love the pretzel rolls in Germany
60. I love my friends and really miss Alison, Joyce, Teresa, Shanda, Corissa, Jessica, Allison, Tracy, Missy, Erin, Zanna, Sarah, and too many others to name...
61. I love running on trails
62. I love when Carter notices that I'm wearing lipstick or tells me he likes my earrings
63. I love the conveniences that we take for granted--electricity, running water, internet, cars, dishwasher, washer/dryer, heater,etc...
64. I love homemade cards
65. I love Christmas lights
66. I love hearing Sydney sing Que Sara, Sara
67. I love roller coasters
68. I love when Damian wakes up early and climbs in bed with me
69. I love that Dames is a snuggler
70. I love that all my kids love books
71. I love going to thrift stores and getting a sweet deal
72. I love holding newborns
73. I love getting to take a nap and actually fall asleep
74. I love looking at pictures of my family
75. I love playing basketball
76. I love having an occasional girls night out
77. I love that Mike is a hard worker and motivated
78. I love practical jokes
79. I love my vinyl lettering business and the chance to design and create
80. I love how different all my kids are
81. I love that Mike wrestles with the kids and is a FUN dad
82. I love that Mike has the Priesthood
83. I love this fabric softener: Downy essentials--chamomile and lemon verbena scent-it makes the clothes smell soooo good
84. I love getting a family picture where everyone is looking and smiling or at least looking semi-happy
85. I love sunny days
86. I love my rainboots
87. I love getting rid of stuff and de-cluttering.... it is therapeutic!
88. I love Dove soap
89. I love that I knew my grandparents and have great memories with all of them
90. I love that Mike has a good job, is great at what he does and gets home most every night so we can eat dinner as a family
91. I love hearing Damian sing Slippery Fish, Twinkle Twinkle, Old MacDonald,
92. I love getting to be home with my kids
93. I love that even though I'm not perfect my husband and kids still love me and think I'm the best mom/wife (at least that's what they tell me!)
94. I love (and miss) the Thai restaurant in Matthews, NC
95. I love getting to spend one on one time with my kids
96. I love that I had fun roomies at college and the great memories I have with them.......
97. I love rearranging furniture
98. I love when all the kids are sleeping and I have a little time to myself
99. I love family reunions
100. I love my life!!!!!

6 comments:

Carly said...

I love all that! So fun, I think I might have to do that too!

Emily Burnette said...

Hey Rachelle,
It's Emily (Curry) Burnette from Wenatchee :) I think you messaged me about 4 months ago on my blog. So sorry I didn't respond sooner! I'm pregnant with our first and morning sickness had been my constant companion until recently. But it's so awesome to see your family! Your kids are precious! We live in Seattle...you guys are close by right? You can email me at emily.burnette@gmail.com. Take good care :)

Em

Skea Family said...

I love to hear all the things that you love!! Wasn't it nice to just sit down and think about all of those things...it is theraputic! I love and miss you! Fantastic list!! You are amazing!!

Annette Rose said...

That is a great list. I want to cut and paste it to my blog, except I'd have to put in Jacob's name for Mikes, but I have a ton of the same loves. Super fun to read!

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

I loved reading this post. Thanks! KyAnn P.S. I love cousins!

Velma said...

AND I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!