Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shell, I'm stuck!


Last week I picked my dad up from the airport around 11:30pm. He dropped me off back at home and then left to head up to Everett to spend the night with Sis and Paul. About 10 minutes after I walked in the door I heard a knock. It was dad: "I'm stuck!"
We have a steep driveway with a ditch on either side and no reflectors to guide the way. Oh, and did I mention there is a massive stump? Well, dad got stuck on the stump and in the ditch. Mud, stump, ditch and being high-centered is not a good combo! First Mike and Dad and I tried. Then the next day, after 2 neighbors tried pulling us out, a professional tow company (who brought two trucks because something broke on the first while trying to get us out), and then another massive tow truck who was able to lift the back end off the stump, we were out!
This week on our to-do list is to put up reflectors to guide our guests down the driveway.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

oh NO! that is kind of funny now, but i'm sure at the time, not so much!

aubreyannie said...

oh my gosh!!! i can't believe it was such a hassle to get his truck out. how terrible. and i feel a portion of the pain, since both paul and i almost backed into that ditch. are the reflector lights up yet?