This little guy is not so little anymore... Seven years ago, in Provo, we went to the hospital early in the morning to be induced. I was a couple of days overdue, there was an issue with insurance, and we had a family reunion at Lake Powell in 2 weeks that I wanted to be somewhat recovered for, hence the inducement... So we left our little apartment at Wymount and got to the hospital at 7am and started on Pitocin (yuck). The contractions came, but I wasn't moving along very quickly. After a while his heart rate slowed way down with each contraction and so they stopped the Pitocin. I wish I remembered all the details but at one point they were about to wheel me in to another room to start on a C-section to get him out. I remember being so scared because I had not even prepared myself for a C-section, but then at the last minute labor started progressing and I was able to stay where I was. Carter was born at 7:03pm, weighing 8 lbs 2 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. (Later we changed his middle name).He had rapid breathing issues and we didn't even get to bring him home the next day. We went home empty handed and I remember feeling so grieved to have to leave him at the hospital. We went back in the middle of the night to feed him and stayed til the next morning. They ran all sorts of tests and did bloodwork and couldn't find anything wrong so they finally discharged us and let us take our baby home.
He did the sweetest little yawns where he would stretch out his entire body and the skin over his thighs would wrinkle all up. I loved waking up at night with him and rocking him.
At a couple of months old all his hair fell out except for right on top and he had this crazy mohawk and my sisters loved styling his hair.Carter loves Star Wars, Pokemon, Transformers, Dinosaurs, Dragons, Drawing, Reading, Spaghetti, Skittles, Swimming, Pepperoni Pizza, Organizing his Toys, Goofing off, Football, Sharks, Going to the Movies, Playing Little Big Planet, Making Books, Having Battles with his Toys, Wrestling with Dad, Building with Legos, etc... you know, typical boy stuff...
Happy Birthday Carter!!
9 comments:
happy birthday to carter! can't wait to see you guys next week!
Happy Birthday big guy! Kaden can't wait to celebrate with you! I love seeing all the pics and hearing the stories- you're a great kid, and we're lucky to have you in our lives!
What a cutie! Man how time flies huh? We had so much fun with you guys at your parents house. We should get together more. The kids seemed to get a long soooo well!
HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO CARTER.
We love you and are thinking of you. Such a sweet boy and such a fun personality. Cant wait to see you Saturday!
2 things for you Shelle...
1-that is a HILARIOUS story about Carter in church--I'm sure I've heard it before, but I almost peed my pants reading it again just now.
2-I love love love LOVE the pic of him and Syd at the bottom...too darn cute.
ok 3 things...I LOVE YOU!
Meg
ditto mom! I love the last pic- he has such a cute smirk! And the church story is awesome! I bet you wanted to die :) Happy Birthday Carter!!!!
What a sweet little boy! I loved the fact that you put all these stories and facts about him...seriously, soo cute :) Hope he had a fun b-day!
what a handsome boy!!! Happy birthday to Carter!
Post a Comment